Become a channel member on the main YouTube app and site
Through recurring monthly payments, memberships on the main YouTube site and app allow you to purchase public badges, emoji and access to creator perks offered by the channel from time to time.
Become a channel member
Join a participating channel membership on the main YouTube site and app.
- Visit youtube.com or open the YouTube app.
- Go to the channel of, or a video uploaded by, the creator you'd like to support and see if they have enabled memberships on their channel.
- Click or tap Join.
- Follow the prompts to enter your payment information.
- Click or tap Buy.
You’ll see a welcome announcement once your transaction is complete. When you have an active paid membership, you will be automatically charged at the start of each monthly billing cycle.
Channel membership benefits
When you become a member, you'll gain certain benefits:
- Exclusive public-facing membership badge next to your user name in all comments and live chats that you make on the channel you are a member of
- On some channels, the badge will reflect how long you have been a member of a channel, either through different coloured default badges or through different badges uploaded by the channel
- If you become a channel member during a live stream on that channel, a bright green “New Member” message will be sent in live chat and pinned at the top of chat for 5 minutes
- Access to members-only posts on the channel’s Community tab (if offered by the channel)
- Access to creator perks which may be offered by the channel from time to time and are subject to change
- Exclusive access to members-only live chat (if offered by the channel)
- Exclusive access to a channel's public-facing custom emoji in live chat (if offered by the channel)
- "Slow mode" in live chat does not apply to active paid members
By becoming a channel member, your exclusive membership badge will appear in all comments and live chats that you make on that channel.
If you join a Gaming channel membership on the main YouTube app and site, you will also receive membership benefits on YouTube Gaming. Please note that there is no Community tab on YouTube Gaming.
Channels with memberships enabled on the main YouTube app and site may offer their active paid members access to certain creator perks. You can see them by clicking on the “Join” button. Access to creator perks may be offered by the channel from time to time and they are subject to change. Creator perks are offered and fulfilled by the channel - YouTube is not responsible for creator perks.
Update or cancel a channel membership
When you have an active paid membership, you’ll be automatically charged at the start of each monthly billing cycle. You can view your next billing date and manage your membership at youtube.com/paid_memberships.
Update a channel membership payment
Cancel a channel membership payment
To cancel a membership at any time, open the membership management screen by clicking “See perks” on the channel’s channel page, or on video watch pages where you see “See perks.”
You can also cancel your membership at any time by following the steps below on a computer:
- Visit youtube.com/paid_memberships.
- Find your membership under Active subscriptions.
- Click End your membership next to the channel name.
- Confirm that you'd like to cancel by clicking End membership.
When you cancel a paid channel membership, you will not be charged again unless you reactivate it. You’ll continue to receive membership perks until the end of that billing period.
You can reactivate your membership at any time. If you reactivate it during the same billing cycle as you canceled it, you will not be charged until that current billing cycle ends.
Learn about YouTube’s refund policy for paid subscriptions.
Subscribe to a channel you've joined
Channel membership notifications
Turn off notifications
If you do not want to know about new members-only posts, you can:
Report inappropriate perks
Paused channel memberships
Terminated channel memberships
Why can't I see the Join button?
- The feature is not launched on the channel.
- The feature is not launched in your country.
- This feature will only appear on eligible video watch pages of participating channels. For example, watch pages of videos claimed by certain music partners are not eligible.