Disputed and appealed claims are from channels who don’t agree with claims on their videos. In Studio Content Manager beta, you can see the selected reason for their dispute, along with any extra info they submitted.
See disputed & appealed claims
- Sign in to Studio Content Manager beta.
- From the left menu, click Issues.
- Create a filter for Issue type and check the box next to the Disputed claim or Appealed claim.
- Click an individual claim to see more details and take action.
Release, reinstate, & reject claims
Once the claim details page is open, you can release or reinstate the claim. Disputed and appealed claims expire after 30 days, so it’s important to check them regularly.
- Release claim: If the claim should remain inactive, click RELEASE CLAIM.
- Release and exclude claim: To release the claim and exclude the portion of your reference file that matched the video, click the Down arrow next to RELEASE CLAIM and click Release and exclude claim.
Reinstate disputed claims
- Reinstate claim: To verify that the claim is valid and make it active again, click REINSTATE CLAIM.
- Submit a takedown request: To confirm the claim is valid and submit a legal request for YouTube to remove the video, click the Down arrow next to REINSTATE CLAIM and click Takedown claimed video.
- Submit a delayed takedown request: To confirm the claim and give the channel 7 days to remove the content, click the Down arrow next to REINSTATE CLAIM and click Delayed takedown claimed video. Learn more about delayed takedown requests.
Reject appealed claims
- Reject appeal: To reject the channel’s appeal and submit a legal request for YouTube to remove the video, click REJECT APPEAL.
Release or reinstate multiple claims at once
If a video has multiple claims, the claims are grouped on the video. You can release or reinstate multiple claims at once. Use the arrows beneath the Overview tab to review each potential claim.
- Release or reinstate all claims: To release or reinstate all claims on the video, use the RELEASE CLAIMS and REINSTATE CLAIMS options.
- Release some claims: To release some of the claims on the video, click the Down arrow next to RELEASE CLAIM. Check the boxes of the claims you’d like to release.
Alternatively, you can release multiple claims across different videos directly from the Issues page:
- Check the box next to the claimed videos whose claims you’d like to release.
- Click RELEASE CLAIM.