When you start a search on YouTube, you can find what you're looking for more quickly with automated suggestions. These are called search predictions. These predictions come from possible search terms related to what you're looking for and what other people have already searched for.
How search predictions work
YouTube makes search predictions based on factors like popularity or similarity. When you choose a prediction, you'll find results for what you just chose.
Where search predictions come from
- Search terms that you enter.
- If you're signed in to your Google Account and have Web & App Activity turned on, relevant searches that you've done, or videos you've watched in the past.
- What other people are searching for, including trending searches. Trending searches are popular topics in your area that change during the day and aren't related to your search history.
Why you might not see search predictions
If you don't see any predictions for a search term, the algorithm might have found that:
- The search term isn't popular.
- The search term is too new. You might need to wait a few days or weeks to see predictions.
- An insulting or sensitive term was associated with a name and a rule was applied.
- Users have reported the suggestion as inappropriate.
- The search term violates YouTube's policies. Learn more about Autocomplete policies.
Turn off personalised predictions
You may see personalised predictions whether you're signed in or signed out. To turn off personalised search predictions, you can delete your search history and watch history or turn off Web & App Activity. Learn how to turn off Web & App Activity.
Report a prediction
While we do our best to prevent inappropriate predictions, we don't always get it right. If you think a prediction violates one of the Autocomplete policies, here's how to report it on Web:
- In the search bar, at the bottom of the prediction box, click Report inappropriate predictions.
- Give your feedback.
- Select Send.
We'll look over your feedback but we don't automatically remove reported predictions.
I have a legal issue with the predictionTo request removal of content that you think is unlawful, fill in this form.