To help you comply, in November 2019 we introduced a new audience setting in YouTube Studio. In this setting, you can indicate whether or not your content is Made for Kids. You can set your audience:
- At the channel level, which will set all of your future and existing content as Made for Kids or not.
- Or, at the video level. If you choose this option, you'll need to set each existing and new video's audience as Made for Kids or not.
See if your video's audience is set as Made for Kids
See if your video has been set as Made for Kids by either yourself or by YouTube:
- On a computer, sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Videos.
- Click Filter.
- Select the filter(s) that you want to add:
- 'Made for Kids – set by you': All videos that you set as Made for Kids.
- 'Set to Made for Kids – by YouTube': All videos that YouTube has set as Made for Kids.
- 'Not Made for Kids': All videos that you set as not Made for Kids.
- 'No selection': All videos that do not have a 'Made for Kids' setting.
You'll see 'Made for Kids – set by you' if you set your audience as Made for Kids. You'll see 'Set to Made for Kids – by YouTube”' if YouTube identified that your video was Made for Kids.