The merch shelf allows participating creators to showcase their official branded merch on YouTube. You may see the merch shelf on the video pages of participating channels. The shelf may not be shown on all video pages.
If you're a creator, learn more about getting a merch shelf for your channel.
We work with selected retailers that channels offer their merchandise through to display creators' official merch on the YouTube merch shelf.
Countries/regions where you can browse and buy merch
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Fulfilling the order
- Customer support (including returns and refunds)
What you'll see on merch shelf
- Item for sale
- In certain countries, you may see items without a price. To get the price, you'll need to click on the item. This will take you to the merchant website, where you can see the item's price and the currency that you'll be charged in.
- You may get charged in a foreign currency, and the amount that you pay may vary based on foreign currency exchange rates and bank fees. You should review the price of each item on the merchant website prior to purchasing.
Selection and arrangement of items on merch shelf:
- The selection and arrangement of items on the merch shelf is managed by creators or their retailers. YouTube has a contractual relationship with these retailers of creators' official merchandise, but this doesn't affect the ranking of items.
- For a portion of viewers, the selection and arrangement of items may be randomised by YouTube. Randomisation of merch items will help us better understand how viewers interact with the merch shelf, including possible effects on sales.
YouTube is not responsible for your activities and purchases made through other retailers.
Where you'll see creator and artist merch on YouTube
You can find creator and artist merch on a product carousel below their eligible videos. If you click an item displayed on the shelf, you may see a preview of the merch directly on YouTube. More info about the item and other related items can also be found alongside this preview. You can then click again to go to the channel's official shop and make a purchase. Otherwise, you'll be redirected immediately to the creator's or artist's official retailer shop.
Store tab in the Channel homepage
All channels live with the merch shelf and with at least one item eligible to be displayed on the shelf will automatically get a Store tab on their Channel homepage. This tab will show all of the creator's items currently displayed on the merch shelf.
Pinned merch items during live streams and live purchase notifications
Any channel live with the merch shelf can choose to pin and unpin one of their merch items to live chats during their live streams. If a user clicks on merch from the pin or any other merch features for channels that have Teespring turned on, and then makes a purchase on Teespring during a channel's YouTube live stream, this will trigger a live purchase notification inside the live chat.
Merch end screens
Channels live with the merch shelf can show their merch in end screens to promote their merch at the end of their videos.
Store description links
If a channel is using the merch shelf and includes a URL link to their official merch store in the video description, you can click the URL to see a preview of the merch items directly on YouTube while the video is still playing. You can then click again to go to the channel's official shop and make a purchase.