On this page, you can find on current, upcoming, and past updates to YouTube Studio Content Manager beta.
Keep in mind: Many features from the old Content Manager (now called "Content Manager Classic") aren't yet included in YouTube Studio Content Manager beta, but will be in the future.
What is the YouTube Studio Content Manager beta?
- Web, movie, and TV episode assets: You can now access metadata, ownership, issues, and references for all asset types, including music assets, on the 'Assets' page.
- Claimed Videos are now available in Studio Content Manager beta.
- Bulk Block outside ownership option is now available on the 'Videos' page. To block videos outside your ownership in bulk, tick the box next to each video and select Edit Block outside ownership.
- Downloadable reports are now available in Studio Content Manager beta. Learn more.
- Manage issues by individual asset: You can see issues for individual assets by selecting an asset first, and then clicking 'Issues' in the left-hand menu.
- Asset ownership: You can now edit ownership info for your assets in Studio Content Manager beta. Use the new table and list options to better visualize your ownership info.
- Invalid references can now be found in the “Issues” section, along with other To-Dos. Use the “Issue type” filter to see just invalid references.
- Ownership conflicts are now available on the “Issues” page for all Content Manager accounts.
- Channel invitations are now available. Select Invite on the 'Channels' page to send an invitation.
- Bulk Content ID options are now available on the 'Videos' page. To enable or disable Content ID in bulk, tick the box next to each video and select Edit Content ID.
- Videos: You can now manage your videos by clicking “Videos” in the left menu. The Videos page in Studio Content Manager beta allows you to filter by videos with copyright claims. Try it now.
- Channels linked to your Content Manager have been added to the left-hand menu.
- Manual claiming (for eligible partners) has been added to the left-hand menu. This redesign allows you to indicate where your content appears in a video when creating a manual claim, adding transparency to the process.
- Potential claims can be found on the “Issues” page. Multiple claims for the same video are grouped together.
- Custom cards have been added to the Studio Content Manager beta Dashboard to help you see your account at a glance.
- YouTube Analytics is now available from the left-hand menu.
- Disputed and appealed claims are now available on the “Issues” page.
- The Pitch Tool is now available in Studio Content Manager beta for eligible music labels. Learn more.
- Issues: In the left-hand menu you’ll see a new “Issues” page. This is where you’ll find any potential To Dos (reference overlaps, invalid references, etc.) associated with your owned Content ID assets.
- Reference overlaps can be found on the “Issues” page and have been given a new look that allows for easier, more efficient resolution.
- More asset features
- Policy Editor
- Settings and users
- Asset list export and bulk actions
- Claimed videos list export and bulk actions
- Content Delivery
Why should I use YouTube Studio Content Manager beta?
Send feedback & feature requests
One of our main goals for YouTube Studio beta is to get feedback from partners. We want to make sure we get the basics right by getting partners involved as early as possible.
We know that many features aren't available yet, so we’d like to know which ones you’re missing the most, suggestions for new features, and any issues you have.
Here's how you can let us know:
"Send feedback" button
- In the left menu in YouTube Studio Content Manager beta, click Send feedback.
- Type in your feedback. The more specific your feedback, the more helpful it is for us.
- Choose if you want to include a screenshot (you can highlight any information on the screen or remove personal information that's showing).
- Click Send. We won’t be able to reply to your submission, but we’ll definitely read and consider it.
Tell us why you're leaving
How to access YouTube Studio Content Manager beta
You can access the Studio Content Manager beta interface by clicking the blue Try Studio Content Manager beta gear icon in the top left corner of Content Manager Classic.
YouTube Studio Content Manager beta is currently only available for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox on desktop.
Switch between Classic and beta
We know you can't do everything yet in the new YouTube Studio Content Manager. To go back to the old version of Content Manager, click the "Content Manager Classic” button in the bottom-left corner of the screen.