You can connect your phone, tablet or computer to your Smart TV or other streaming device to watch YouTube on your TV.
If you're connecting with your phone or tablet, make sure that you have the YouTube app downloaded. Casting from youtube.com in a mobile web browser is not currently supported.
- Make sure that your smart TV or streaming device is set up.
- Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smart TV or streaming device.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Select the video that you want to watch and tap the Cast icon.
If your device is on iOS 14 or later, you'll need to give YouTube permission to connect to streaming devices on your local network, such as your TV, so that you can cast to your TV. Learn how.
- Select the device that you want to cast to and wait for it to connect. Once connected, the video will play on your TV.
- To disconnect, tap Cast then tap DISCONNECT.
How to allow local network access
In your device's settings:
- Go to your device's Settings page.
- Scroll through the list of apps and select a YouTube app.
- Set Local network to On.
In a YouTube app:
- Open a YouTube app.
- Tap Cast .
- Follow the prompts to allow the app to access your local network.
- In the list of available devices, tap the name of the device that you want to connect to.
- If you use a few YouTube apps, you'll need to allow Local Network access for each app.
- If local network is set to Off, you won't be able to cast.