If you're using YouTube on a Smart TV from 2013 or newer, you likely have the youtube.com/tv app.
Sign in to use YouTube features
To start, open the YouTube app on your TV, go to the left-hand navigation, and then select Sign in .
You can sign in a few different ways.
Sign in with your phone:
- Make sure your mobile device is on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
- Select Sign in with your phone.
- On your phone, open the YouTube app.
- Follow the instructions to sign in to your TV.
Sign in on your TV:
- Select Sign in on your TV.
- Use the keyboard to enter your email or phone number for your account.
- Click Next.
- Verify your account.
Sign in with a web browser:
- Select Sign in with a web browser.
- On a phone, tablet, or computer, open a browser and go to youtube.com/tv/activate.
- Enter the code shown on your TV.
- Sign in with your account.
Once you select a video to play, a player control bar will open, allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Home returns you to the home screen.
- Play will play or resume your video.
- Forward will advance the video by 10 seconds.
- Rewind will rewind the video by 10 seconds.
- Captions will show the video's closed captions, if available.
When playing a video, you can find more options by selecting More actions. You can get to the following options from the More actions section:
- Subscribe to the channel
- Rate the video
- Report the video for violating Community Guidelines
Turn off Autoplay
YouTube on TV includes a feature called autoplay. This feature means a suggested video will automatically play after the video you're currently watching.
To turn off autoplay, go into your menu and choose Settings Autoplay, then uncheck the box.
After you turn off this feature, you'll still get suggested videos once you finish the video you're watching, but nothing will play automatically.
Select Search to find YouTube videos. Use the navigation keys to scroll through your subscriptions, recommended videos, playlists and more.
You can also use the Send to TV feature to search for videos from a separate device.
Learn more about paid content on smart TVs.