I can't watch the video that I downloaded
Learn about how to download videos, and review the steps below for help with resolving your issue.
Re-download videos on brand-new devices
If you recently got a new device, you will need to re-download any videos that you want to watch. Videos are not transferred to other devices, even if you are signed in to the same account. Video downloads are specific to each device
Check that your membership hasn't expired
Make sure that your YouTube Premium membership has not expired. You can double-check at youtube.com/paid_memberships.
Check that you're signed in to YouTube Premium
Make sure that you're signed in to the Google Account associated with your YouTube Premium membership:
- Try signing out and back in to the account associated with YouTube Premium.
- Check that you can see the YouTube Premium logo (instead of the YouTube logo). In the YouTube mobile app or on your computer, you should see the YouTube Premium logo in the top left-hand corner of your app or browser.
Using YouTube on a smart TV?
- Make sure that you're signed in on your TV to the Google Account associated with your YouTube Premium membership.
- If you're casting to your TV, make sure that you're signed in to the correct account on both the TV and the computer or mobile device that you're using to cast.
- If you're using Google Home, make sure that you're signed in to the correct account in the Google Home app.
Contact support and submit product feedback
If you're still having trouble, contact support. When contacting support, please mention the following:
- Do you see an error message?
- Where is it appearing and what is the exact text? Include a screenshot, if possible.
Send product feedback to YouTube:
- You can also submit feedback about your issue. You won't get a response, but your feedback will be shared with YouTube.
- To do this, select your profile photo > Feedback in YouTube.
- Make sure that you tick the box for 'System logs'. This helps us better understand your issue.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?