Manage what types of ads you see on YouTube videos
Why am I seeing ads on YouTube videos?
You may see different types of ads on YouTube. The ads you see may be based on the content of the video you're viewing, among other factors. Other factors that determine the ads you see include:
- Information in your Google Account, like your age range and gender
- Other activity on Google services, like Google ads
- Types of websites you visit and mobile app activity on your device
- Websites and apps you've visited that belong to businesses that advertise with Google
- Information we obtain about you from partners
We strive to improve your ads experience by implementing policies to make the ads more relevant. If you see ads that you think are inappropriate, you can let us know by submitting feedback.
How can I control the ads that I see on videos?
You can control the ads that are delivered to you in your Ad Settings. You can also view, delete, or pause your YouTube watch history.
With YouTube Red, you can watch millions of videos without ads. This includes ads before and during a video, as well as banner ads, search ads, and video overlay ads. You may still see branding or promotions embedded in YouTube creators' content that isn't controlled by YouTube. Ad-free videos are supported across all devices and platforms where you can sign in with your YouTube account.
Learn more about the benefits of a YouTube Red membership.