Purchase a Super Chat
Super Chat is a fun way for fans and creators to interact during live chat. You can purchase Super Chats to highlight your message within live chat.
Super Chats stand out from other messages in two ways:
- Your Super Chat is highlighted with a color.
- Your Super Chat stays pinned in the ticker for a set period of time, depending on the amount selected.
Super Chat is currently available in the following locations:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Learn how to change your location setting.
Make a purchase
Super Chats can vary in price from USD$0.99 to USD$500 (this range may be different depending on your local currency). When you make a purchase, you can choose how much to spend on your Super Chat.
Super Chat explained
Follow these instructions to make a purchase from YouTube on your computer or in the mobile app:
- Select the dollar sign within a live chat. The chat must be visible and mobile devices must be in portrait mode.
- Select Send a Super Chat.
- To select an amount, either drag the slider or type your desired value.
- You’ll see this in your local currency.
- The color and amount of time pinned at the top of a chat feed changes depending on how much you spend.
- Optionally, enter your message.
- Select Buy and send.
- To finish your purchase, follow the instructions.
Once a Super Chat is purchased, a countdown ticker displays the remaining time for which your Super Chat will be pinned in the ticker. The creator and/or YouTube may end the chat or live stream before your time in the ticker has completed. Super Chats do not transfer between videos.
Purchases less than $5 USD (or local equivalent) will not show in the ticker.
You can spend up to $500 USD per day, or $2,000 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency) per week on Super Chats and Super Stickers.
All chat messages, including texts and graphics, may be moderated by creators and YouTube. Moderated chats may be removed from view by you and/or others at any time, for any reason and without notice.
You can also remove your Super Chat that you bought and sent. Select Remove from the menu > Remove.
Super Chat policies
Like everything on YouTube, the Super Chats you send must comply with our Community Guidelines.
You must also continue to comply with all applicable laws as required by YouTube’s Terms of Service. Money that you spend on Super Chats may be treated differently based on laws that apply to you and your activities. You‘re responsible for understanding and fully complying with all applicable laws -- including whether or not you can purchase Super Chats.