Make live chat messages jump out with Super Chat or Super Stickers. When you buy and send a Super Chat, you can highlight your message within a live chat feed. With Super Stickers, you’ll see a digital or an animated message that pops up during a live chat feed. Learn more about availability and system requirements. Creators receive the majority of Super Chat and Super Stickers revenue.
Buy a Super Chat or Super Sticker
- Click the dollar sign within a live chat. The live chat must be visible.
- Select one of the following:
- Super Sticker find a sticker pack you like choose an individual sticker to purchase.
- Super Chat to select an amount, either drag the slider or type your desired value add an optional message.
- The color and amount of time pinned at the top of a chat feed changes depending on how much you spend.
- Click Buy and send.
- To finish your purchase, follow the instructions.
Once you've bought a Super Chat or Super Sticker:
- Depending on the purchase value, we may pin your Super Chat or Super Sticker at the top of the live chat feed. A countdown ticker will show how much longer your Super Chat or Super Sticker will be pinned. The creator may end the live chat or live stream before your time in the ticker has completed. Super Stickers and Super Chats don’t transfer between videos.
- As part of your Super Chat or Super Sticker purchase, we may publicly announce a purchase milestone, such as the first time you buy a Super Chat, so that others can celebrate your milestone. Before you buy, you’ll get a preview of the milestone celebration announcement. Your milestones are based on your purchase history, which is located in My Activity.
- A creator or other viewers may interact with your Super Chat or Super Sticker in the live chat feed, like Hearting it.
- Your Super Chat or Super Sticker, channel name, profile picture, and purchase amount are visible to the public.
- Like everything on YouTube, the Super Chats & Super Stickers you send must comply with our Community Guidelines.
- YouTube will note the number of purchases that you make, so that you can be publicly recognized for purchase milestones. If you do not want to participate in purchase milestones, go to My Activity to remove your historical purchase data.
Purchases less than $5 USD (or your local equivalent) will not show in the ticker.
Depending on your country or region, the daily and weekly purchase limit will vary. In general, you can spend up to $500 USD per day, or $2,000 USD per week (or the equivalent in your local currency) on:
- Super Chats
- Super Stickers
- Super Thanks
- All 3 combined
All chat messages, including texts and graphics, may be moderated by creators and YouTube. Moderated chats may be removed from view by you and/or others at any time, for any reason, and without notice.
You can also remove your Super Chat or Super Sticker that you bought and sent. Click More Remove.Moderated or removed Super Chats & Super Stickers will not generate a refund. If you have concerns, you can contact the YouTube support team or check our refund policy.
Super Chat & Super Sticker policies
Like everything on YouTube, the Super Chats & Super Stickers you send must comply with our Community Guidelines.
You must also continue to comply with all applicable laws as required by YouTube’s Terms of Service. Money you spend on Super Chats & Super Stickers may be treated differently based on laws that apply to you and your activities. Please be aware that Super Chat and Super Stickers aren't crowdfunding or donation tools. You‘re responsible for understanding and fully complying with all applicable laws -- including whether or not you can purchase Super Chats or Super Stickers.
Submit a copyright complaint for Super Stickers
If you think a Super Sticker infringes on your copyright, you can file a copyright infringement notification. This will start a legal process. To submit the complaint, you’ll need to provide the URL of the Super Sticker that you think violates your copyright.
To submit the complaint, you’ll need to email the following information to email@example.com:
Your contact information
You’ll need to provide information that will allow us and the uploader(s) of any Super Sticker(s) you remove to contact you regarding your complaint, such as an email address, physical address, or telephone number.
A description of your work that you believe has been infringed
In your complaint, be sure to clearly and completely describe the copyrighted content you are seeking to protect. If multiple copyrighted works are covered in your complaint, the law allows a representative list of such works.
Each allegedly infringing Super Sticker’s specific URL
Your complaint must contain the specific URL of the Super Sticker that you believe infringes your rights, or we will be unable to locate and remove it. General information about the Super Sticker, such as a channel URL or username, is not adequate.
To find the URL: On a computer, go to the Super Sticker in the chat feed or Super Sticker purchase flow right-click the Super Sticker Copy Image Address.
You must agree to and include the following statement:
“I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
And the following statement:
"The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
Complete complaints require the physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a representative authorized to act on their behalf. To satisfy this requirement, you may type your full legal name (a first and last name, not a company name) to act as your signature at the bottom of your complaint.
Locations where Super Chat & Super Stickers are available