Opt in to channel recommendations
You can opt in to have your YouTube channel listed on other channels that your potential viewers might be watching. This section is called "Related channels" and you can see it on the right side of channel pages while using YouTube on a computer.
Channel recommendations are created based on:
- What channels are watched by the same users
- Whether the videos are about similar topics
- Whether the channels are suitable for the same audience
You can't control what channels appear in the “Related channels” section on your own channel, but you can opt out to remove the section completely.
Turn your channel recommendation on or off
- Sign in to your YouTube channel.
- In the top right, click your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Advanced.
- Under "Channel recommendations," opt in or out:
- To opt in: Select "Allow my channel to appear in other channels' recommendations." This allows your channel to appear in "Related channels" sections across YouTube.
- To opt out: Select "Do not allow my channel to appear in other channels' recommendations." This removes the entire "Related channels" section from your channel page.