Community posts can give you more reach on YouTube and greater engagement with your audience. Learn more about Community tab benefits and eligibility.
Create a post
To create a Community post:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- At the top of the page, select Upload Create post.
- In the box at the top:
- Type a message to create a text post or add text to an image, GIF, or video post.
- Choose to create a video , poll , or image post.
- Select Post.
Mention other channels in a post
You can mention other YouTube channels in your Community posts by entering @ followed immediately by the channel name. The channel may get a notification that you’ve mentioned them. Viewers can click the mention from any device and go directly to that channel page.
Understand types of posts
To create a text post, enter your message in the text box on the Community tab of your channel. You can post your text by itself, or with a video, image, or GIF. Text posts can’t be combined with polls.
If you have Community posts turned on, you can post playlists from artists that you enjoy.
Open the playlist you’d like to share and copy the URL. Paste the playlist URL in the text field when creating your Community post.
Image and GIF posts
If you choose to upload an image with your post, you’ll be asked to select an image or animated GIF from your computer.
- Size: Up to 16 MB
- File types: JPG, PNG, GIF, or WEBP
- Suggested aspect ratio: We suggest 1:1 ratio because that's how images are shown in the feed. Viewers can see the full image by clicking to expand it.
Keep in mind that all images must follow YouTube Community Guidelines.
If you choose to add a video to your post, you can either:
- Search for a YouTube video
- Paste in a YouTube video URL
- Select a video from your YouTube channel
When you create a post that shares a video by another creator, a notification may be sent to the original uploader of the video. This notification helps creators acknowledge when other creators are sharing their videos.
Note: Community posts about a video already in a viewer’s Subscription or Home feed might not show again. This setting prevents your viewers from seeing the same video repeatedly.
If you choose to add a poll to your post, you’ll be asked to:
- Enter a question in the text field.
- Enter answers in the "Add option" fields.
- If you need more answer fields, click +Add another option and enter the questions and answers.
Note: Poll options can be 65 characters max.
Manage your activity
You can see and manage a history of your activity on Community posts. This feature is only available on a computer.
Note: A history of posts you’ve opened is only kept for 30 days.
- Go to YouTube.com.
- From the left, click History.
- From the right under "History type," click Community. You’ll see your Community post history.
- To edit or delete an activity, hover over it, click More > Edit or Delete.