There are several ways to influence these recommendations and search results. You can remove specific videos from your watch history and searches from your search history. You can also pause your watch and search history, or start fresh by clearing your watch and search history.
Watch history and search history
- Remove individual videos from your watch history: If you see recommendations you're not interested in, removing a video you watched may reduce the chance that you’ll see similar recommendations.
- Remove individual searches from your search history: If you see recommendations you're not interested in, removing a search entered may reduce the chance that you’ll see similar recommendations.
- Pause history: You can pause your watch or search history when you don't want your watches or searches to influence future recommendations and search results. For example, when you're researching a subject for a school project that you aren’t personally interested in. Remember to resume your history when you’re done.
- Clear history: If your recommendations aren't relevant to your interests, you can clear your search and watch histories. Tip: If you use your watch history to re-watch videos, add those videos to a playlist or "Watch Later".
Tune your recommendations
Choose topics in your recommendations
If you’re signed in, you’ll see topics on Home and on watch pages to help you refine your recommendations. These topics are chosen based off your existing, personalized suggestions. The topics are also based on content related to what you interact with. These topics are meant to help you find content you want to watch faster.
If you find a video that isn’t related to the topic you’ve chosen on Home, let us know by tapping More and then “Not <topic>.”
Remove recommended content from homepage
If you can't follow these instructions, you're likely using the old version of YouTube. If you're using a newer browser, update to the current version of YouTube.
The following recommended content can be removed from the homepage on your computer:
To remove a recommended video from your homepage:
- Point to the recommended video or the X for a section you’d like to remove.
- Select More next to the title of the video or playlist.
- Select Not interested to remove the video from your feed.
If you don’t want to see videos from a specific channel, select the Menu, and then “Don’t recommend channel”.
Clear “Not interested” and “Don’t recommend channel” feedback
Your “Not Interested” and “Don’t recommend channel” feedback may be used to tune your recommendations. To clear all “Not interested” and “Don’t recommend channel” feedback:
- Go to My Activity. You might need to sign in to your Google Account.
- In the left Menu, find Other Google activity.
- Select "YouTube 'Not interested' feedback," then select Delete.
View our other articles for more info about watch history, search history, and improving your recommendations.
Recommendations using your Google Activity
YouTube uses data from your Google account activity to influence your recommendations.
Manage playlists and liked videos
Your recommendations and search results are also based on videos that you’ve liked and playlists that you’ve created. You can remove liked videos and edit or delete playlists to influence your recommendations and search results.