YouTube Giving is designed to help strengthen the way creators and fans engage in charitable giving on YouTube. Some videos and live streams give you the option to donate to a nonprofit that the video creator is supporting.
YouTube covers all transaction fees, so 100% of the money that you donate goes to the eligible nonprofit. Donations to nonprofits are non-refundable. Read our YouTube Giving FAQs for more info.
How to donate
Some creators have 'Donate' buttons displayed next to their videos and live streams. To donate, follow the steps below.
Go to the video with the 'Donate' button on it, then:
- Select DONATE.
- Select the amount of money that you want to donate CONTINUE.
- Choose your payment method.
- Click DONATE Done.
Neither the nonprofit nor the creator will see your contact information.
You'll receive an email receipt after your payment has been processed.
Super Chat for Good has been replaced by Live Chat Donations as the way to donate on live chat. When a creator is fundraising on a live stream and has enabled live chat, you'll see the 'Donate' icon in the chat.
- Select the 'Donate' icon within the live chat. Mobile devices must be in portrait mode to see the live chat.
- Select a donation amount or select Other to type in a different value.
- Select I want my donation to be public to display your account name in the live chat. Otherwise, your donation amount will appear as 'Anonymous'.
- Select DONATE.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish your donation.
You'll get an email receipt after your payment has been processed.
Tax information about your donation
Learn about tax information in the Donations Help Centre.