Donate to a nonprofit with YouTube Giving
YouTube Giving is designed to help strengthen the way creators and fans engage in charitable giving on YouTube. Some videos and live streams give you the option to donate to a nonprofit that the video creator is supporting.
YouTube covers all transaction fees, so 100% of the money you donate goes to the eligible nonprofit. Donations to nonprofits are non-refundable. Read our YouTube Giving FAQs for more info.
How to donate
Some creators have donate buttons displayed next to their videos and live streams. To donate, follow the steps below.
Go to the video with the donate button on it, then:
- Select DONATE.
- Select the amount of money you want to donate CONTINUE.
- Choose your payment method.
- Click DONATE Done.
Neither the nonprofit nor the creator will see your contact information.
You'll get an email receipt after your payment has been processed.
Super Chat for Good has been replaced by Live Chat Donations as the way to donate on live chat. When a creator is fundraising on a live stream and has enabled live chat, you’ll see the donate icon in the chat.
- Select the donate icon within the live chat. Mobile devices must be in portrait mode to see the live chat.
- Select a donation amount or select Other to type in a different value.
- Select I want my donation to be public to display your account name in the live chat. Otherwise, your donation amount will appear as “Anonymous.”
- Select DONATE.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish your donation.
You'll get an email receipt after your payment is processed.
Tax information about your donation
Learn about tax information in the Donations Help Center.