Change video language
You can change a video's original language if it's been incorrectly set.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio beta.
- From the left-hand menu, select Videos.
- Click on a video's title or thumbnail.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Choose the video's language from the Video language drop-down menu and Save.
Creator Studio Classic instructions
- Go to your Video Manager by clicking your account in the top right > Creator Studio > Video Manager > Videos.
- Next to the video you want to edit, click the drop-down menu next to the Edit button.
- Select Subtitles and CC.
- At the bottom of the page, click Change language.
- Set the language that's spoken most in the video, then select Set language. You can make this the default language for all your videos by selecting Default for new uploads.
Note: If you change the setting for the original language of your video, all future translated subtitles will use the new language as the source for translations (your published and draft subtitles and closed captions won't be affected).
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?