Change the language of your uploaded video
The video language setting tells YouTube the primary language spoken in your video. It’s used to help YouTube and contributors understand the original language of your video when creating translations. It’s also used to help viewers find videos in their language.
Change video language
If it's been incorrectly set, you can change a video's original language.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Videos.
- Click a video’s title or thumbnail.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Choose the video's language from the Video language drop-down menu and Save.
Creator Studio Classic instructions
- Go to your Video Manager by clicking your profile picture Creator Studio Video Manager Videos.
- Next to the video you want to edit, click the drop-down menu next to the Edit button.
- Select Subtitles/CC.
- At the bottom of the page, click Change language.
- Set the language that's spoken most in the video, then select Set language. You can make the same language the default for all your videos by selecting Default for new uploads.