The video language setting is a feature used to help YouTube and contributors understand the original language of your video. This feature helps when adding subtitles and captions to YouTube videos. It’s also used to help viewers find videos in their language.
Change video language
You can change the language of your uploaded video if it's been incorrectly set.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Click a video’s thumbnail.
- At the bottom of the page, click SHOW MORE.
- Choose the video's language from the Video language section and Save.