The video language setting tells YouTube the primary language spoken in your video. It’s used to help YouTube and contributors understand the original language of your video when creating translations. It’s also used to help viewers find videos in their language.
Change video language
If it's been incorrectly set, you can change a video's original language.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Videos.
- Click a video’s title or thumbnail.
- Open the More options tab.
- Choose the video's language from the Video language section and Save.