Sponsor a channel on the main YouTube app and site
A small number of channels have Sponsorships on the main YouTube app and site as part of a beta. Through recurring monthly payments, Sponsorships on the main YouTube site and app allow you to purchase public badges, emoji and access to creator perks offered by the channel from time to time.
Note: Note: A different form of Sponsorships is offered by many channels on YouTube Gaming. Learn more about sponsoring a channel on YouTube Gaming.
Sponsor a channel
Sponsor a participating channel on the main YouTube site and app.
- Visit youtube.com or open the YouTube app.
- Go to a video uploaded by the creator you'd like to support and see if they have enabled Sponsorships on their channel.
- Click or tap Sponsor .
- Follow the prompts to enter your payment information.
- Click or tap Buy.
You’ll see a welcome announcement once your transaction is complete. When you have an active paid sponsorship, you will be automatically charged at the start of each monthly billing cycle.
By sponsoring a channel on YouTube, you will gain certain benefits:
- Exclusive public-facing sponsorship badge next to your user name in comments and live chat on the channel you are sponsoring
- Exclusive access to sponsors-only live chat (if offered by the channel creators)
- Exclusive access to a channel's public-facing custom emoji in live chat (if offered by the channel creators)
- "Slow mode" in live chat does not apply to active paid sponsors
- Access to sponsors-only posts on the channel’s Community tab (if offered by the channel)
- Access to creator perks which may be offered by the channel from time to time and subject to change
By sponsoring a channel that is part of the main YouTube site and app beta, your exclusive sponsorship badge will appear in all comments and live chats that you make on that channel.
If you sponsor a Gaming channel on the main YouTube app and site, you will also receive Sponsorship benefits on YouTube Gaming. Please note that there is no Community tab on YouTube Gaming.
Channels with sponsorships enabled on the main YouTube app and youtube.com may offer their active paid sponsors access to certain creator perks. You can see them by clicking on the “Sponsor” button. Access to creator perks may be offered by the channel from time to time and they are subject to change. Creator perks are offered and fulfilled by the channel, YouTube is not responsible for creator perks.
Update or cancel a sponsorship
When you have an active paid sponsorship, you’ll be automatically charged at the start of each monthly billing cycle. You can view your next billing date and manage your sponsorship at youtube.com/purchases.
Update a sponsorship payment
Cancel a sponsorship payment
To cancel a sponsorship at any time, open the sponsorships management screen on any of the channel’s videos or on their channel page.
You can also cancel your sponsorship by following the steps below on a computer:
- Visit youtube.com/purchases.
- Find the sponsorship under Active subscriptions.
- Click Cancel subscription next to the channel name.
- Confirm that you'd like to cancel by clicking Unsubscribe.
When you cancel a paid sponsorship you will not be charged again unless you reactivate it. You’ll receive sponsorship benefits until the end of that billing period.
You can reactivate your sponsorship at any time. If you reactivate it during the same billing cycle as you canceled it, you will not be charged until that current billing cycle ends.
Learn about YouTube’s refund policy for paid subscriptions.
Subscribe to a channel you've sponsored
- Opted out of these notifications
- Selected "None" in the bell settings of this channel
- Turned off all notifications for the YouTube app
Report inappropriate perks
Why can't I see the Sponsor button?
- The feature is not launched on the channel.
- The feature is not launched in all countries (see "Monthly pricing for Sponsorships on YouTube Gaming" for a list of launched countries).