Block video views outside of your ownership
When you own rights to a video only in certain territories, you may need to prevent viewers outside of those territories from watching the video. For example, if you own the video in the United States and Canada, can block the video outside of those two countries. This approach is sometimes called "geo-fencing." Learn more about managing ownership of an asset.
To block your uploaded video outside of the territories where you own it, you set a flag on the claim that links the video to your asset, not on the policy or the asset. You can only set this option for your uploaded videos, not for user-generated content. Learn what a claim is.
Block one video
- From the Claims list, open the claim on your uploaded video. To show only videos you own, filter the claims list to show partner-uploaded content.
- On the claim information page, click the Details tab.
- In the upper right corner, click the edit icon .
- Select the box next to Block outside of ownership.
- Click Save.
Block multiple videos
You can also set this flag using the bulk actions feature in Video Manager.
- From Video Manager, select the box next to each video you want to block.
- At the top, click Action > More actions...
- Select Block outside ownership.