The easiest way to file a complaint is to use our trademark webform.
Please understand that YouTube is not in a position to mediate trademark disputes between users and trademark owners. YouTube is willing to perform a limited investigation of reasonable complaints and will remove content in clear cases of infringement. Please note, abuse of our legal process may result in termination of your YouTube account.
Trademark infringement notifications must include the following elements. Without this information, we may be unable to take action on your request:
Section 1: Complainant's Information
- Your Full Legal Name
- Company Name
- Trademark Owner
- Your relationship to trademark owner (what is your authority to make this complaint?)
- Your Contact Information
You’ll need to provide information that will allow us and the uploader(s) of any video(s) you remove to contact you regarding your complaint, such as an email address, physical address or telephone number.
Section 2: Trademark Details
- Jurisdiction of trademark registration
- Registration number (If you are claiming use rights, please cite the grounds for your use-based rights, e.g. company website)
Section 3: Content Details
- Each URL in question (video, channel, or both)
- Describe how you believe the trademark is being infringed
Section 4: Legal Affirmations
You must agree to and include the following statements:
- "I have a good faith belief that the use of the trademarks described above with the content described above are not authorized by the trademark owner or its agent, nor is such use otherwise permissible under law."
- "I represent that the information in this notification is true and correct and that I am authorized to act on behalf of the trademark owner."
- "I consent to my complaint being forwarded to the user that posted the allegedly infringing content."
Complete complaints require the physical or electronic signature of the trademark owner or a representative authorized to act on their behalf. To satisfy this requirement, you may type your full legal name to act as your signature at the bottom of your complaint.
You may contact us via email, postal mail, or fax, being sure to include the requirements above.
By submitting a legal complaint to YouTube, you agree that YouTube may send the legal complaint to the Chilling Effects Clearinghouse. Before publicly posting a notice of your submission, the Chilling Effects Clearinghouse will redact any personal contact information (e.g., phone number, email, physical address) and we may publicly share the link to that complaint. You can see an example of a Chilling Effects notice here.