How to become YouTube Certified
You can learn channel growth best practices, platform strategies, and channel development techniques to help you find success on YouTube and beyond.
YouTube Certified is currently available in English, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. Learn about certification tracks and benefits of YouTube Certified.
Steps for YouTube Certification
Step 1: Determine if you're eligible
Criteria for company eligibility includes, but is not limited to, companies that:
- Are eligible YouTube Partners or qualified Google advertising partners
- Have a sustained operational business and are continuously managed by a YouTube or Google representative
- Have 75% of relevant employees certified (relevant employees are defined as employees who either advise creators or manage content/rights on a creator’s behalf)
- Actively manage channels and have the potential to accelerate creator growth
- Are approved to use Content ID (for Digital Rights track applicants)
- Have applied for the Creator Services Directory
- Are in ongoing compliance with all YouTube policies, including Terms of Service and Community Guidelines
If you don't meet the eligibility criteria, you can still take advantage of the course in the YouTube Creator Academy.
Step 2: Fill out the program application
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying for the Audience Growth, Digital Rights, or Content Strategy tracks, please complete the following steps:
- Go to the YouTube Certified website and fill out the program application.
- Review and sign the program Terms of Service.
The YouTube Certified Team will review your application. If you meet the program requirements, you will be enrolled into the online course and receive an email confirmation with login information and links to the course.
Note: In order to be approved for the course, your email domain must match the corporate email domain we have on record.
Step 3: Complete the program requirements
An individual can become YouTube Certified by completing these requirements within 90 days of being accepted into the program:
- Review the course materials provided (videos, pre-work activities, participant guide).
- You'll be enrolled in the YouTube Certified exam. Complete the exam within a 2-hour time frame (you may pause and start the exam as much as you want within the 90-day exam window).
- Pass the YouTube Certified exam with a score of 75% or higher.
- If you don't pass the exam, you can attempt it 2 more times. If you do not pass after 2 attempts, you'll be locked out of the exam for a period of 6 months. After 6 months, you'll be granted 2 more attempts.
- When you pass the exam, take advantage of these benefits:
- YouTube Certified Badge
- YouTube Certified G+ Community
- YouTube Certified badge on LinkedIn
- Get re-certified annually.
Note: Certification requires ongoing compliance with all YouTube policies, including but not limited to the YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Individuals who fail to adhere to the guidelines outlined in the Terms of Service are subject to review and may have their YouTube Certified status revoked.
A company can become YouTube Certified through nomination by their YouTube Partner Manager, Google account executive, or qualified Google representative if they meet the eligibility criteria listed above.
Company certification is valid for 12 months from date of issue.
Providing program feedback
The YouTube Certified team is constantly working to improve our certification programs. If you've attended one of our trainings, please fill out the feedback form.