Set up your account
When you sign up for Academy for Ads, you'll first create an account using your Google Account.
Here's some important information to keep in mind when deciding which email address to sign up with:
- Regularly used email address: You'll want to use an email address that you check often. That way, you won't miss out on communications from Academy for Ads, such as news, special invitations, promotions, and more.
- Email associated with a Google Account: This can be a Gmail address or non-Gmail address, such as your work email address. The email address should ideally be the same address you use to access Google ad products. If you use a non-Gmail address, make sure that the email address is linked to your Google Account.
After you've signed upReview and update your profile
When you sign in to Academy for Ads for the first time, you'll land on the Catalog page. After you sign in, you can go to your profile and update your fields, including your company name and data sharing status. You'll also want to add a recovery email address to stay connected to Academy for Ads no matter where you work. The recovery email should be an address that you own that's separate from any address that you may have previously entered.Steps for updating your profile
- Sign in to Academy for Ads.
- Next, add your company name. Adding your company name will allow your company to pull reports of your learning progress and view your earned achievements and certifications. Update your timezone.
- Select your language. The language you choose here will be used to filter the learning content and assessments based on your preferred language.
- Select whether you want to share your Academy for Ads account information with your company. By opting in to sharing your information, you agree to give your company visibility into your profile, enrollment, achievement, or certification details for your Academy for Ads account. You can update your associated company and sharing preferences any time in your profile.
- Select whether you want to get emails from Academy for Ads. We recommend that you choose to get emails from Academy for Ads since they're the primary way to get information about recommended courses, surveys, and promotions.
- Click Save.
We'll send you an email to confirm your email address. Once you confirm your email address, you can stay connected to Academy for Ads no matter where you work.
Sharing Your Profile
You can share your achievements and certifications by making your profile public.
Navigate to your My Profile page.
Turn the Public toggle to "On."
You may see a warning message stating that you are making your User Profile available to users who are not logged in.
Click the Confirm button.
With the Public toggle turned on, you will be able to copy and paste the URL of your profile page to send to others, giving them access to view your profile and see the awards and certifications that you have earned.