You can use cards to make your videos more interactive. Cards can feature a video, playlist, channel or link. Cards aren't available on videos set as 'Made for Kids'.
Add cards to a video
To add cards to a video, follow the steps below. Up to a total of five cards can be added to one video.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Videos.
- Click the video that you'd like to edit.
- Click the Cards box and select the type of card that you want to add.
- Choose your specific video, playlist, channel or link.
- Change the start time for the card below the video.
- Add an optional message and teaser text about the video. Note: Message and teaser text are required for channel cards.
- Click Save.
Types of cards
Here are the different types of cards that you can use to customise your video. You can also use YouTube Analytics to get performance reporting for cards.
Associated website cards
Link viewers directly to your associated website from your video.
Link viewers directly to your creative projects on one of these approved crowdfunding URLs.
Promote licensed merchandise directly from your video. Make sure that your URL is on the list of approved retailer URLs.
How viewers can interact with cards
Cards are designed to complement videos and enhance the viewer experience with relevant info. As the system evolves, we plan to improve it to show the most relevant teasers and cards based on performance, viewer behaviour and the device that they're using.
How viewers get to cards
- When a viewer is watching your video, they'll see a teaser for the time that you designate.
- When the teaser isn't showing, viewers can hover over the player and click the card icon . On mobile, viewers can see the card icon whenever the player controls are showing.
- When they click the teaser or the icon, they can browse cards on the video.