You can use info cards to make your videos more interactive. Info cards can feature a video, playlist, channel or link. Cards aren't available on videos set as Made for Kids.
Add cards to a video
To add cards to a video, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Click the video that you'd like to edit.
- From the left menu, select Editor.
- Select Info cards and select the card that you want to add. Note: You can add up to five cards to one video.
- Video: This info card allows you to link to a public YouTube video for your viewers to interact with.
- Playlist: This info card allows you to link to a public YouTube playlist for your viewers to watch.
- Channel: This info card allows you to link to a YouTube channel for your viewers to engage with. For example, you can use an info card to thank a channel that helped with your video or to recommend another channel to viewers.
- Link: If you're in the YouTube Partner Programme, this info card allows you to link to an external website to share with your audience. You can also add end screens to your videos. Note: Make sure that your linked external website complies with our policies, including our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. Violations can result in card or link removal, strikes or termination of your Google Account.
- Change the start time for the card below the video.
- Add an optional message and teaser text about the video. Note: Message and teaser text are required for channel cards.
- Click Save.
How viewers can interact with cards
Cards are designed to complement videos and enhance the viewer experience with relevant info. As the system evolves, we plan to improve it to show the most relevant teasers and cards based on performance, viewer behaviour and the device that they're using.
How viewers get to cards
- When a viewer is watching your video, they'll see a teaser for the time that you designate.
- When the teaser isn't showing, viewers can hover over the player and click the card icon . On mobile, viewers can see the card icon whenever the player controls are showing.
- When they click the teaser or the icon, they can browse cards on the video.