Poll Cards going away soonPoll cards will be discontinued across all channels after June 10, 2020. This feature was rarely used and we’re removing them to focus on other creator tools. You can still use comments to review feedback from viewers and eligible creators can use Community posts to engage with viewers. You have until July 10, 2020 to download your data for your poll cards. For videos that have integrated poll cards within the video, consider using the trim feature in YouTube Studio.
Cards aren’t available on videos set as made for kids.
Add cards to a video
To add cards to a video, follow the steps below. Up to a total of 5 cards can be added to one video.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Videos.
- Click the video you’d like to edit.
- Click the Cards box.
- Select Add card. Next to the type of card you want to add, select Create.
- Customize your card and click Create card.
- Adjust the start time for the card below the video.
- Changes are automatically saved.
Watch the video below from TeamYouTube to learn more about cards.
Types of cards
Here are the different types of cards that you can use to customize your content. You can also use YouTube Analytics to get performance reporting for cards.
Link to a channel that you'd like to call out to your viewers. For example, you could use a card to thank a channel that contributed to your video. You could also use a channel card to recommend another channel to viewers.
Associated website cards
Link directly to your associated website from your video. You need to add an associated website to your account to use this card.
Link viewers directly to your creative projects on one of these approved crowdfunding URLs.
Promote licensed merchandise directly from your video. Make sure your URL is on the list of approved retailer URLs.
Poll cards will be discontinued across all channels after June 10, 2020. You can still use comments to review feedback from viewers and eligible creators can use Community posts to engage with viewers.
Link to another public YouTube video or playlist that viewers might be interested in. You can choose to link to a specific time in a video.
How viewers can interact with cards
Cards are designed to complement videos and enhance the viewer experience with relevant information. As the system evolves, we plan to improve it to show the most relevant teasers and cards based on performance, viewer behavior, and the device they're using.
How viewers get to cards
- When a viewer is watching your video, they'll see a teaser for the time that you designate.
- When the teaser isn't showing, viewers can hover over the player and click the card icon . On mobile, viewers can see the card icon whenever the player controls are showing.
- When they click the teaser or the icon, they can browse all of the cards on the video.