The YouTube app is available on PlayStation 4. In the YouTube app you’ll be able to view your subscribed channels, search for content, and use your mobile device as a remote.
- Navigate to Sign in.
- Sign in with your Google Account when prompted. If you have multiple Google Accounts, be sure to select the account you use with YouTube.
- After signing in, you may be presented with a list of Google identities associated with your account. Be sure to choose the account that is linked to your YouTube channel. If you select a Brand Account that doesn't have a YouTube channel, you won't be able to sign in.
To sign out, visit PS4 Settings > Link with Other Services > YouTube and then select Sign Out.
Once you select a video to play, a player control bar will appear allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Go home - returns you to the home screen.
- Play - will play or resume your video.
- Forward - will advance the video by 10 seconds.
- Rewind - will rewind the video by 10 seconds.
- Captions - will show the video's closed captions, if available.
When playing a video, you can find additional options by selecting More Actions. There you'll find the options to:
- Subscribe to the channel.
- Rate the video.
- Flag the video for violating community guidelines.
You can upload gameplay videos directly to YouTube using the Share button on your PlayStation 4. Here's how:
- Press the Share button on your PS4 controller and select Upload Video Clip.
- Select the clip you'd like to upload and choose YouTube.
- Trim the start or end point, add a title, description, and tags.
- Confirm the privacy settings and that you're uploading to the correct channel.
- Select Share.
Your clip will now begin uploading. You can track the progress of your uploads by visiting your PS4 Notifications page.
- Connect a mic to your DualShock® controller (or connect a PlayStation® Camera with built-in mic).
- Open the YouTube app and navigate to the search page.
- Select the Mic to the left of the on-screen keyboard (or for a shortcut, press L2 on your controller) .
- Speak into the mic and say what you're looking for.
- Your results will pop up.