Like or dislike a video
Liking a video is a quick way to let a video creator know that you enjoy their work. If you're signed in, liking a video will add it to your "Liked videos" playlist.
If you’re not the biggest fan of a video, disliking it is one way to show your opinion. Keep in mind that if you want to report inappropriate content, you should flag the video instead.
Like or dislike videos
Hearts on comments
If you leave a comment on the Community tab or the watch page, creators can use a heart to show appreciation for your comment.
When a creator uses a heart on your comment, you'll know in two ways:
- On your comment, you'll see the creator's avatar with with a small heart .
- You'll get a notification (depending on your opt-in settings on desktop and mobile) that a channel owner "loves your comment."
Access to Discussion tab
The Community tab replaces the Discussion tab. Comments from the Discussion tab can be accessed in the activity log and will be available for 30 days after your account gets access to the Community tab.
To access the activity log:
- Open the YouTube app and sign in to YouTube.
- Go to www.youtube.com/comments.
View your liked videos
When you like a video, it's automatically added to a playlist so you can easily revisit all your liked videos. Here's how to see videos you've liked:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to Library .
- Tap Liked videos.
Remove liked videos
You can remove "likes" from videos and manage your Liked videos playlist.
- Go to Library .
- Select Liked videos playlist.
- Tap More next to the video you'd like to remove.
- Select Remove from liked videos.
Manage privacy settings for liked videos
You can manage the visibility of your liked videos playlist.
- Go to youtube.com/account_privacy and make sure you're signed in.
- Check or uncheck the box for Keep all my liked videos private.