How to post and engage with comments on YouTube
If a video's owner has turned on comments, you can post comments and like, dislike, or reply to other comments on a videoView comments on a video
To view comments on a video, scroll on the video's page. Replies are threaded to make it easy to follow conversations. YouTube comments are public and anyone can reply to a comment that you post.
If you can't find a comment after you get a notification, it's possible that the comment has already been removed. Comments can be removed by the original poster, the channel owner, or for policy violations.
You can view public comments you’ve left across YouTube.
- Go to Comment History.
- To go to the original place you posted your comment, click or tap the content.
If you commented on a deleted video, or if YouTube removed your comment for a policy violation, it won't show in this history.
You can click or tap a comment's timestamp to create a highlighted comment link. This action will give you a shareable link in the address bar for that specific comment and its thread.
On the web, you can change how comments show under a video. Use the Sort By option to choose Top comments or Newest first.
Click the timestamp to create a 'Highlighted Comment' link. This action will isolate your comment thread and give a shareable link in the address bar.
- Go to Comment History.
- Click or tap the video link.
- Next to the comment in YouTube, select More .
- Select Edit or Delete .
Interact with comments on your smart TV
You can now view and interact with comments while watching content on your smart TV or game console. To view the comments for a video, go to the video's watch page and select the video’s title. The About section will surface, featuring the video’s comments panel. Select the comments tile to view a full list of comments for the video, including:
- Comments the creator has pinned
- Liked count
- Reply count
Select a comment to read the comment in its entirety, view replies, like, or dislike the comment.
To reply to or post a comment, sync your smart TV or game console with your phone and leave the comment using your phone.
To add a comment or reply:
- Open the YouTube app on your phone.
- Make sure you’re signed in to the same Google Account on both devices.
- A pop-up will open on your YouTube app, asking you to connect to YouTube on your TV.
- Tap Connect.
- Comments for the video you are watching on your TV will load on the YouTube app, allowing you to seamlessly post and interact with them.