Replace or delete your video
You can delete any video you uploaded to your YouTube channel. You can’t replace a video since any new video uploads will get a new URL, but you can make changes to the existing video.
Delete your own videos
You can remove any videos that you uploaded from your own account. If you delete a video, it's permanently deleted — you can't recover it through YouTube. If you want to see it again, make sure you have a backup saved.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Go to Creator Studio by clicking your account icon in the top right > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Video Manager > Videos.
- Click the checkbox next to the video(s) you want to delete.
- At the top of the page, choose Actions > Delete from the drop-down menu.
After you delete the video, no one will be able to view it. It may take some time for it to disappear from video search results and thumbnail images.
Replace a video
You can’t replace a video because any new video you upload to YouTube will get a new URL. Instead, you can make changes to an existing video:
- Enhance your video: You can make some editorial changes to the video using YouTube Video Enhancements. You can trim parts of your video, auto-fix lighting and color, blur parts of the video, apply a filter, and more.
- Add cards to your video: You can use cards to change elements of your videos. You can point viewers to a specific URL (from a list of eligible sites) and show customized images, titles, and calls to action, depending on the card type.
- Change your video's title and description: You can organize and make changes to your video's title, category, description, and privacy settings.