You can delete any video you uploaded to your YouTube channel. You can’t replace a video since any new video uploads will get a new URL, but you can change the existing video.
Delete your own videos
You can remove any videos that you uploaded from your own Google Account. If you delete a video, it's permanently deleted — you can't recover it through YouTube. If you’d like to watch the video in the future, make sure you have a backup saved.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Hover over the video you’d like to delete and select More Delete forever .
- Check the box to acknowledge that your video will be permanently deleted.
- Select DELETE FOREVER.
When you choose to delete a video from your YouTube channel, we immediately start the removal process and it will no longer be searchable within YouTube. Data associated with the video such as Watch time will still be part of aggregate reports, but will not be attributed to the deleted video. Learn how to delete videos in bulk.
Replace a video
You can’t replace a video because any new video you upload to YouTube will get a new URL. Instead, you can change an existing video:
- Trim your video: On a computer, you can cut out the beginning, middle, or end of your video.
- Add cards to your video: You can use cards to add new elements to your video. Cards can show other video titles, specific websites, and so on.
- Change your video's title and description: You can organize and change your video's title, category, description, and privacy settings.