- Control monetization for the videos on that channel
- Turn on Content ID matching for videos on that channel
- Set permissions for individual channel owners
Create a channel
To create a new channel to be linked to your Content Manager:
- Sign in to Studio Content Manager.
- From the left menu, select Channels .
- Click CREATE NEW and choose permissions for the channel:
- View revenue: Allow the linked channel to view their total revenue.
- Monetize uploads: Allow the linked channel to control monetization settings for their videos.
- Set match policy: (Some accounts) Allow channel owners to turn on Content ID matching for individual videos.
- Click CONTINUE.
- Enter a name for your new channel and Brand Account and click Create.
After it’s created, you’ll see the new channel on your Channels page. Your Google Account will be the owner of the new channel. You can also add owners and managers or move the channel to another account.
Monetize your new channel
To monetize your new channel, it must meet the YouTube Partner Program eligibility criteria. YouTube will automatically review your channel once it passes the watch time and subscriber count thresholds. The review is typically completed within a month or less after reaching the threshold.
After your channel has completed review, you’ll receive an email notification.