You can use Studio Content Manager beta to create new channels that are automatically linked to your Content Manager. Once you’ve created a new channel in your Content Manager, you can:
- Control monetization for the videos on that channel
- Turn on Content ID matching for videos on that channel
- Set permissions for individual channel owners
Create a channel beneath your Content Manager
To create a new channel to be linked to your Content Manager:
- Sign in to Studio Content Manager beta.
- From the left menu, select Channels.
- Click CREATE NEW and choose permissions for the channel:
- View revenue: Allow the linked channel to view their total revenue.
- Monetize uploads: Allow the linked channel to control monetization settings for their videos.
- Set match policy: (Some accounts) Allow channel owners to turn on Content ID matching for individual videos.
- Click CONTINUE.
- Enter a name for your new channel and Brand Account and click Create.
After it’s created, you’ll see the new channel on your Channels page. Your Google Account will be the owner of the new channel. You can also add owners and managers or move the channel to another account.
Create a new channel in Content Manager Classic
- Sign in to the Video Manager as a user with administrator rights to the Content owner.
- Select the Content owner name from the Manage drop-down list.
- On the left, select Channels Overview. You'll see a list of the channels associated with the Content owner.
- Click Create new.
- Read the new channel agreement and specify whether to allow the owner of the new channel to monetize uploads or view revenue for the channel. Click Continue when you're ready to move to the next step.
- Set the optional permissions:
- To allow the owner of the new channel to claim videos and apply usage policies to them, select the Monetize uploads check box.
- To allow the owner of the new channel to see the revenue generated for the channel on the Earnings Report in YouTube Analytics, select the View revenue check box.
- Enter details for the new channel:
- Enter a name for the new channel in the Name your channel text box.
- Choose the category of the channel from the drop-down list.
- Specify whether the content on the new channel will be appropriate for all ages or just for adult viewers.
- Check the box to acknowledge that you've read with the policies for the Google+ page that will be created along with the channel.
- Click Done to create the new channel.
Monetize your new channel
To monetize your new channel, it must meet the YouTube Partner Program eligibility criteria. YouTube will automatically review your channel once it passes the watch time and subscriber count thresholds. The review is typically completed within a month or less after reaching the threshold.
After your channel has completed review, you’ll receive an email notification.