These features are only available to partners who use YouTube Studio Content Manager.
When your organization creates a Content Manager, one user serves as the administrator. The administrator can invite other people to manage content.
Administrators can also create different roles that specify what features are available to which user and what restrictions should apply. Learn more about creating roles and setting up your Content Manager.
Once an invite is sent, it expires after 30 days.
Send an invitation
Before you send an invitation, make sure the user you want to invite has a Google account. Only email addresses with Google accounts can be invited.
- Sign in to Studio Content Manager.
- From the left menu, click Settings.
- Click Permissions. This page shows a list of users who have Content Manager access and what role is assigned to them.
- Click INVITE.
- In the Email field, enter the email address of the user you want to invite.
- In the Access field, select the role you want the invited user to have. Learn more about roles.
- Click DONE.
- Back on the Permissions page, click SAVE to send the invitation.
- Keep in mind, invitations expire after 30 days.
Confirm an invitation was sent
Once the invitation is sent, a confirmation message will appear at the bottom of the Permissions page. You can also go back later and confirm whether you sent an invitation from the Permissions page:
- Click Select filter .
- Select Keyword.
- Enter the invited user’s email address.
- Click APPLY.
- Check that the Invited icon shows next to their email address.
- If there’s an Invited icon, it means you sent the invitation successfully. Now the person needs to accept the invitation using the link in their email.
- If there isn’t an Invited icon, it means the person has already accepted the invitation and can now manage content.
- If their email address isn’t listed, it likely means the invitation was not successfully sent. Confirm you have the correct email address and resend the invitation.
Note: Some third-party extensions may distort the list of users or roles. If you have any issues with permissions, turn off third-party extensions and try making your changes again.