You can now watch YouTube videos on the Xbox One. In the YouTube app you can view your subscribed channels, search for videos, and use your mobile device as a remote.
Download the YouTube app
When you first open the YouTube app, you can sign in with your Google Account. When signed in, you have access to more YouTube features such as your playlists and subscriptions.
Sign in on your Xbox One:
- Go to Sign in & Settings
- Select SIGN IN. You'll get an activation code.
Sign in on your computer:
- Go to www.youtube.com/activate and enter the activation code shown on the Xbox One.
- Click Allow Access, which completes the sign in process.
Learn how to unlink your account from your Xbox One.
Once you select a video to play, a player controls bar will appear allowing you to perform the following actions:
Rewind - Press A to increase the rewind speed.
- Pause/resume - Pause or resume the video.
- Fast forward - Press A to increase the fast forward speed.
- Closed Captioning - If the video has captions, select this to view the video's closed captions.
Use the B button to go back to browsing videos.
You can also control the YouTube app using your voice or gestures.
To enable voice control, say "Xbox Select". Now you can say any word or phrase highlighted on the screen to open that item.
To enable gesture controls, wave your hand in front of your console and an icon should appear on your screen. Push your palm forward to select an item. You can also close your palm to "grab" a video and move left to rewind or right to fast forward.
Pair your mobile device
- Xbox One: up to 1080p at 60 frames per second
- Xbox One S: up to 4K at 60 frames per second
- Xbox One X: up to 4K at 60 frames per second
HDR playback is supported on Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X models.
Xbox error message
If you see the error message “YouTube isn’t available right now,” it may be because your internet connection is slow.Follow our troubleshooting guidelines to help solve the problem.