You can now watch YouTube videos on the Xbox One. In the YouTube app you’ll be able to view your subscribed channels, search for content, and use your mobile device as a remote.
YouTube is not yet available in 4K on Xbox One. The maximum is 1080p.
When you first open the YouTube app, you can sign in with your Google Account. When signed in, you have access to additional YouTube features such as your playlists and subscriptions. To sign in, follow these steps:
On your Xbox One:
- Navigate to Sign in & Settings
- Select SIGN IN. You should now see an activation code displayed.
On your desktop:
- Go to www.youtube.com/activate and enter in the activation code shown on the Xbox One.
- Click Allow Access, which completes the sign in process.
Once you select a video to play, a player controls bar will appear allowing you to perform the following actions:
Rewind - Press A to increase the rewind speed.
- Pause/resume - Pause or resume the video.
- Fast forward - Press A to increase the fast forward speed.
- Closed Captioning - If the video has captions, select this to view the video's closed captions.
Use the B button to go back to browsing videos.
You can also control the YouTube app using your voice or gestures.
To enable voice control, say "Xbox Select". Now you can say any word or phrase highlighted on the screen to open that item.
To enable gesture controls, wave your hand in front of your console and an icon should appear on your screen. Push your palm forward to select an item. You can also close your palm to "grab" a video and move left to rewind or right to fast forward.
If you see the error message “YouTube isn’t available right now,” it may be because your internet connection is slow.
Below are some tips to help solve the problem:
- Check or reset your internet connection
- Contact your ISP to increase your internet speed
- Restart your Xbox
- Restart the YouTube app