Some claims require action from a partner before the policy can be applied. These claims are called "potential claims". A claim can be labeled as a potential claim for several reasons, such as low confidence matches or route to review match policies.
See your potential claims
- Sign in to Studio Content Manager beta.
- From the left menu, click Issues.
- Create a filter for Issue type and check the box next to the Potential claim.
- Click an individual claim to see more details and take action.
See potential claims in Content Manager Classic
- Sign in to Content Manager.
- From the left menu, select CONTENT ID Potential Claims.
- Click an individual claim to see more details, including why the claims is labeled as a potential claim.
- If the claim is valid, click CONFIRM CLAIM.
Release or confirm claims
Once the potential claim details page is open, you can release the claim, release and exclude the claim, or confirm the claim. Potential claims expire after 30 days, so it's important to check for potential claims regularly.
- Release claim: To release the claim, click RELEASE CLAIM.
- Release and exclude claim: To release the claim and exclude the portion of your reference file that matched the video, click the Down arrow next to RELEASE CLAIM and click Release and exclude claim.
- Confirm claim: To confirm that the claim is valid and apply your policy, click CONFIRM CLAIM.
- Submit a takedown request: To confirm the claim is valid and submit a legal request for YouTube to remove the video, click the Down arrow next to CONFIRM CLAIM and click Takedown claimed video.
Release or confirm multiple claims at once
If a video has multiple claims, the claims are grouped on the video. You can release or confirm multiple claims at once. Use the arrows beneath the Overview and tab to review each potential claim.
- Release or confirm all claims: To release or confirm all claims on the video, use the RELEASE CLAIMS and CONFIRM CLAIMS options.
- Release or confirm some claims: To release or confirm some of the claims on the video, click the Down arrows next to RELEASE CLAIM or CONFIRM CLAIM. Check the boxes of the claims you’d like to release or confirm.
Alternatively, you can release multiple claims across different videos directly from the issues page:
- Check the box next to the claimed videos whose claims you’d like to release.
- Click RELEASE CLAIM.