Creators participating in the YouTube Partner Programme can share revenue from eligible cover song videos on YouTube, once music publisher owners claim those videos. You'll be paid revenue for these videos on a pro rata basis.
How to figure out if your cover song video is eligible for monetisation
A video of your cover song will be eligible for monetisation when the Content page in your YouTube Studio shows that your video has the following:
- Copyright in the Restrictions column
- Video's monetisation status is set to Off
- Hover text that says that the video is eligible to share the ad revenue
This message will appear for videos claimed/monetised through the Content ID system by the music publisher or publishers who own the copyright in the musical composition performed. Please note that both new uploads and prior uploads may be eligible.
How to turn on revenue sharing for your cover song video
- Turn on monetisation for your account, if you have not already done so. Go to the Monetisation tab in your account settings.
- Find the eligible cover song video in your Content page.
- Switch the monetisation status to On.
- You can also go to the monetisation details of the video and switch monetisation from Off to On.