Create a channel trailer for new viewers
You can have a video trailer show to all unsubscribed visitors to your channel. Your channel trailer is like a movie trailer. Use it as a way to offer a preview of your channel's offerings so viewers will want to subscribe.
By default, ads won't appear when the trailer is playing on the channel page in the trailer spot (unless the video you've chosen contains third-party claimed content). This helps keep the viewer focused on learning about and subscribing to your channel. If the viewer is already subscribed to your channel, they'll see a video under "What to Watch Next" instead.
Set a channel trailer
- Upload the video you want to be your channel trailer.
- Go to the channel you want to manage.
- Select Customize channel.
- Go to the "Home" tab.
- Click the "For new visitors" tab.
- Click Edit .
- Select Change trailer or Remove trailer.
Quick tips for creating channel trailers
- Assume the viewer has never heard of you.
- Keep it short.
- Hook your viewers in the first few seconds.
- Show, don’t tell.