You can now watch YouTube videos on Wii U. In the YouTube app, you can view your subscribed channels and search for content.
You can also control YouTube on Wii U with your phone, tablet or computer.
When you first open the YouTube app, you can sign in with your Google Account. When signed in, you have access to more YouTube features such as your playlists and subscriptions.
To sign in with your Google Account, follow these steps:
On your Wii U:
- Open the YouTube for Wii app.
- Go to SIGN IN & SETTINGS.
- Select SIGN IN
On your computer:
- In your browser, go to www.youtube.com/activate.
- Enter the code displayed on your Wii U.
- Click the Allow access button.
Once you select a video to play, a player control bar will appear, allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Home – Return to the home screen.
- Search – Find a new video to watch.
- Pause/Resume – Pause or resume the video.
- Fast forward – Select this to fast forward by 10 seconds.
- Rewind – Select this to rewind by 10 seconds.
- Closed Captioning – If the video has captions, select this to view the video's closed captions.
- Flag – Flag the video for inappropriate content.
Select Search to search for your favourite YouTube videos. As you enter your search terms, the search results will be auto-completed.