Easily find your favorite YouTube videos and subscriptions with the YouTube app on Xbox 360.
You can also control YouTube on Xbox 360 with your phone, tablet or computer.
Download the YouTube app
When the YouTube app first opens, you'll need to sign in with your Xbox Live Account. Press A to sign in. Once you’ve signed in to your Xbox Live account, you can sign in to the YouTube app. Here's how:
On your Xbox 360:
- Open the YouTube app.
- Open the Guide on the left and select Sign In.
On a computer, tablet, or phone:
- Go to www.youtube.com/activate.
- If asked, select which account you'd like to sign in to.
- Enter the activation code that’s displayed on the Xbox 360 and click Continue.
- On the next screen, select Accept.
Learn how to unlink your account from your Xbox 360.
Search for videos
- Search suggestions: As you enter in your search, you'll see suggestions below the search box. From the keyboard, you can press up on the D-pad or left stick until the desired search is highlighted. Then, press A to search.
- Browse videos: As you search, relevant videos will appear at the bottom of the screen. To browse the video results, press left or right on the D-pad or left stick.
- Modify your search: To modify your search terms, press up on the D-pad/left stick to return back to the search box.
- Rewind - Move back 10 seconds.
- Pause / Play - Pause the video or resume playback.
- Fast forward - Move ahead 10 seconds.
- Closed Captions - If the video has closed captions turned on, press A to turn on this feature. If the CC icon is grayed out, closed captions are not available.
- Skip backward: Skip back to the previous video in the playlist.
- Skip forward: Skip to the next video in the playlist.
- Extra features can be found by selecting More actions:
- Subscribe to the channel.
- Like / Dislike the video.
- Report the video as inappropriate.
- Search for videos.
If you see the error message “YouTube isn’t available right now,” it may be because your internet connection is slow.
Follow our troubleshooting guidelines to help fix the issue.