Troubleshoot playing videos on mobile browsers
Are you unable to play any YouTube videos on your mobile device? Are videos constantly buffering for you? Here are some troubleshooting steps that fix the most common problems.
1. Reboot your device
2. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
- Open the default browser and open Menu.
- Touch Privacy & Security.
- Touch Clear cache and touch OK.
- Touch Clear all cookie data and touch OK.
- From your Home screen navigate to Settings > Safari.
- Touch Clear cookies.
- Touch Clear cache.
3. Use a different browser
If the default browser is not playing videos, download an alternate mobile browser such as Google Chrome.
4. Use a different network
If you are unable to play videos on your 3G/4G network, try connecting to a wifi network to see if you can watch videos. If you can watch videos on a wifi network but not on your wireless network, please contact your wireless provider to determine if there are any service issues in your area.
5. Check for the latest system updates
For optimal performance keep your device updated with the latest system updates. On Android, navigate to Settings > About Phone > System updates and touch Check now. On iOS, navigate to Settings > General > Software Update.
If you are still having issues, please post in the YouTube Mobile and Device forum. To make sure that you get help as quickly as possible, please include the following information in your post:
- My phone’s make (i.e. Motorola):
- My phone’s model (i.e. Droid):
- Wireless carrier:
- Is this happening over 3G/wifi or both?
- When did you first notice this issue?
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried out so far?
You can also contact your device manufacturer for further assistance. Listed below are external support links: