For the best experience with the YouTube and YouTube Studio app, we encourage you to update to the latest version of the app. We send updates so you can get new features, a faster experience, fixes, and more.
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap your profile picture.
- Tap My apps and games.
- Apps with an update available are labeled "Update."
- To update all apps, tap Update All. For individual apps, find the specific app you want to update and tap Update.
Sometimes, you may need to restart your device to update an app. Learn more about automated updates.
Update the YouTube app on your Apple TV
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for the YouTube app.
- Select the YouTube app.
- Select Update. If you don't have this option, it means the YouTube app is up to date.
Update the YouTube app on your Android TV
The Google Play Store on your Android TV should be set to Auto-update apps at any time by default, and the YouTube app should update automatically. If you turned off the auto-update apps settings, and want to turn it on again:
- Press the Home button on your remote control.
- Select Apps and select the Google Play Store.
- Select Settings.