You can manage your channel's advanced settings on the Settings page of your YouTube account:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Settings .
- Select Channel Advanced settings.
- Scroll down and select Advanced channel settings.
Advanced channel settingsChoose your country setting
You can choose the country for your YouTube channel using the drop-down menu under your profile picture. Eligibility for the YouTube Partner Program is based on the country setting you choose here.
If you're the channel's manager, you can associate your official website with the YouTube Channel. This lets you incorporate signals from your website's page rank on www.google.com into YouTube’s search algorithm.
- Enter the URL in the Associated website field.
- Click Add.
- Confirm the association in Google Search Console by following the instructions on how to choose a verification method.
You can have the shortened version of your custom URL redirect your audience to another channel. In the Redirect URL field, enter the URL of the website that your redirect URL should lead to.
Important: Redirect URLs are only available to partners and advertisers who have had this feature enabled by their partner manager or sales representative.
For example, if your URL is
www.youtube.com/c/YouTubeCreators, you can have your shortened URL (
www.youtube.com/YouTubeCreators) send viewers to the YouTube Nation channel by entering
www.youtube.com/channel/UCUD4yDVyM54QpfqGJX4S7ng in the Redirect URL field.
You can redirect people who are visiting your channel to another channel based on their language, location, age, or gender.
Important: Conditional redirects are only available to partners and advertisers who've had this feature enabled by their partner manager or sales representative.
For each row, you can add a rule to set the conditional redirect. Rules are matched from top to bottom and the first rule that matches a user is applied. Here are the rules you can apply:
- Language and location: Specified by full or partial locales (
en_us, en_, or _us).
- Ages: Specified by a comparison (
<, <=, >, >=) and a number.
- Gender: Specified with
- Destination: Either a channel name or
_block. Users that match the
_blockdestination will be redirected to
Example conditional redirects
|Example redirect||Redirect result|
||Keeps all English speakers on this channel.|
||Keeps all users on this channel.|
||Blocks all users who in the United States and under the age of 21 from visiting this channel.|
||Keeps all users who are in the United states, 21 years old or older, and female on this channel and blocks all other users.|
You can integrate your channel with Google Analytics to get a better understanding of visits to your actual channel page. This may be helpful if you use multiple Google products and want to share data across the linked accounts. Learn more about using properties in Google Analytics.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Copy your property's tracking ID. If you don't have a one set up, learn how to set up a property in Google Analytics.
- Go to your YouTube Studio Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom, paste your tracking ID into the Google Analytics property tracking ID.
- Click Save.