Note: Cards aren't available on videos set as made for kids. If you previously added a card, but your video's audience is now set as Made for Kids, viewers won't see the card.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Settings Channel Advanced settings.
- Under 'Other channel settings', select Advanced channel settings.
- In the 'Associated website' section, enter your website's URL and click Add. It will show as 'pending', unless you've verified the site before.
- Under the URL box, click verify if you own the website or request approval to have the website's owner approve it.
- If you select request approval, a notification will be sent to the website owner.
- If you select verify, you'll be redirected to Google's Search Console. Sign in with the same Google Account information that you use for your YouTube channel. (If you're not sure which account to use, you can check your account details on YouTube.)
- Choose a method to verify your ownership.
- Follow the instructions to add a site to Search Console. You may be asked to choose a verification method.
When you've added your site to Search Console, it will go through a verification process. Once verification is complete, the website's status will change from 'pending' to 'success' in your Advanced Channel Settings and you can follow the steps below to add a card that will take viewers to any page in that website.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Videos.
- Next to the video that you want to change, click Details , and then select Cards.
- Click Add card.
- Next to 'Link', click Create. The first time that you use external links, you'll need to accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Under 'Associated website', select your website's URL from the Select site drop-down menu. Click Add an associated website or Settings to associate a site.
- Click Next.
- Add the card title, call to action and teaser text. You can also upload an image.
- Click Create card.
Tip: You don't have to link to the homepage of your website. If there's specific information that you want to let your audience know about, you can link directly to that page on your site.
Troubleshoot issues linking to associated websitesWhy can't I see an 'Associated website' section in my channel settings?
If you don't see an 'Associated website' section in your Advanced channel settings, you may need to verify your account by going to youtube.com/verify . If you still can't see it, it might be because your channel is no longer eligible.
Before it's approved, Search Console needs to verify that you own the website that you'd like to associate with your YouTube channel. Verification is required to prevent spam and misrepresentation of brands or other entities.
To fix a pending associated website, get in touch with your webmaster or someone at your company who has access to the Google Search Console for your site. Learn more about Associates in Search Console.
After you've associated one website with your channel, you can add more associated websites through Search Console. Make sure that you sign in to Search Console with the same Google Account as the one that you use on your YouTube channel.
Firstly, make sure that you own this URL in the Search Console. Then make sure the URL that you're pasting in the link field is correct:
- Make sure that it's an actual URL that includes the '
http://' or '
- Use the exact same URL format as in the Search Console. For example, having '
www.' can make a difference for validation.
- Make sure that new sites are listed separately in the Search Console.