Request caption translations
Grow a global audience by translating the captions on your YouTube videos. You can translate captions by getting help from your friends, or you can have your captions professionally translated for a fee.
Here’s how to request translations:
- Visit your Video Manager and click the drop-down menu next to the “Edit” button for the video you’d like to translate
- Select Captions, then click the Add a new track button
- Select Request translation
- Choose which languages you’d like to translate, then click Next
- On the next page, you can choose to either: (1) order translations from a vendor or (2) invite people you know to help translate.
- After following the steps above, select the vendor you’d like to use and click Start order
- Click Continue to confirm your selection and agree to share the translation documents with the selected vendor
- You’ll be directed to the vendor’s website to confirm the order details and complete payment.
When the translation is complete, you’ll receive an email with a link that directs you to a page where you can review the translation. Click the track under “Pending tracks” to review, then Approve to publish the translated caption.
- Click on the Manage translations button at the bottom half of the page after following the steps above
- Select a language and click Share. Enter your friend’s email address, then click Send Invitations.
When your friend has finished translating, you’ll receive an email that contains a link to review the translations before publishing them. Make sure to Approve the caption when you’re done.