Request professionally translated subtitles
Grow a global audience by translating the subtitles on your YouTube videos. You can translate subtitles and closed captions by adding them yourself, or you can pay for professional translations.
Here’s how to request translations:
- Visit Google Translator Toolkit
- Select Add new content to translate, then select Pick YouTube video...
- Choose the video you would like translations for
- Choose which languages you’d like to translate into, then click Next
- On the next page, you can choose to either: (1) order translations from a vendor or (2) invite people you know to help translate.
- After following the steps above, select the vendor you’d like to use and click Start order
- Click Continue to confirm your selection and agree to share the translation documents with the selected vendor
- You’ll be directed to the vendor’s website to confirm the order details and complete payment.
When the translation is complete, you’ll receive an email with a link that directs you to a page where you can review the translation. Click the track under “Pending tracks” to review, then Approve to publish the translated caption.
- Click on the Manage translations button at the bottom half of the page after following the steps above
- Select a language and click Share. Enter your friend’s email address, then click Send Invitations.
When your friend has finished translating, you’ll receive an email that contains a link to review the translations before publishing them. Make sure to Approve the caption when you’re done.