Translate your own video titles & descriptions
You can add translated video titles and descriptions to your videos so your fans can find your videos in their own language. This makes your videos more accessible to viewers outside of your home country and helps you build a global audience.
Use the tools below to have your video's title and description show in the right language to the right users. If you use YouTube's Content Manager to manage claimed content, you can upload a CSV file to localize video titles and descriptions.In your Google Account
First, go to your channel's Video Manager:
- Click your Account icon in the top corner.
- Select Creator Studio.
- On the left, click Video Manager. You'll see a list of your uploaded videos.
Then, add a translated title or description:
- Next to the video you want to add a translated title and description to, click Edit > Info and Settings.
- Under the video, click on the Translations tab.
- Click the box under Original language to set the video's language.
- Tip: The "original language" should be the language you want to set as the default for video metadata and packaging, such as title and description.
- Tip: You can also set this as the default language for all new uploads by checking the box next to "Default for new uploads."
- Under Translate into, select or add the language you want to add your translated title and description in.
- Enter the translated title and description and click Save changes.
Note: In Advanced Settings, the language should refer to the language spoken in the video.