Promoting an event can help you attract a larger audience. Here are some quick tips to help you get started.
Before the event
- Create a channel trailer or teaser video to help promote the event.
- Share your streaming link at least 48 hours before you go live.
- Connect your social media accounts to your channel for easy sharing.
- Create a custom post for your subscribers and social media sites. The message will include the event link and when the public event goes live.
- In the Stream now experience, share the link across social media. youtube.com/user/[channelname]/live
- Embed the URL on your website and send the links to blogs that may want to display your content.
- Create a Live section to display upcoming and live events on your channel.
- Add an associated website. This will help us to improve the quality of search results and verify your channel as the official representation of your brand on YouTube.
- Apply optimisation techniques to your channel and videos.
During the event
- Feature the event for new visitors to your channel.
- Create highlight clips of the event while it's still live.
- Note: Subscribers may be notified of your public events in their homepage feed.
- Note: Subscribers will see the live stream appear in the What to watch next area.
- You can also update your banner image to include the event name, date and time.
After the event
- Post an archive of the live event soon after completion.
- Organise the archive and highlight clips into playlists.