Our Classic live streaming tools are going away soon. Try the new Live Control Room, which combines our classic desktop streaming tools with new and improved features. Learn how to stream using an encoder with Live Control Room.
Promoting an event can help you attract a larger audience. Here are some quick tips to help you get started.
Before the event
- Create a channel trailer or teaser video to promote the event.
- Share your streaming link at least 48 hours before you go live.
- Connect your social media accounts to your channel for easy sharing.
- Create a custom post for your subscribers and social media sites. The message will post, including the event link, when the Public event goes live.
- In the Stream Now experience, share the persistent link across social media. youtube.com/user/[channelname]/live
- Embed the URL on your website and send the links to blogs which may want to display your content.
- Create a Live Section to display upcoming and live events on your channel.
- Add an Associated Website. This will help us improve the quality of search results and verify your channel as the official representation of your brand on YouTube.
- Apply optimization techniques to your channel and videos.
During the event
- Feature the event for new visitors to your channel.
- Create highlight clips of the event while it's still live.
- Note: Subscribers may be notified of your Public events in their homepage feed.
- Note: Subscribers will see the live stream appear in the What to Watch Next area.
- You can also update your channel art to include the event name, date and time.
After the event
- Post an archive of the live event soon after the completion.
- Organize the archive and highlight clips into playlists.